Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chaining Alert Behavior w/Sample: 2

Day 2 with Sample


  • Sample description
    • Origin 1: Mary McNeight
      • Sample 3: Day 5
      • hydrated; refrigerated
      • film canister


Session 1


Introducing environmental distractions
training in front of an open door.
There was a brisk breeze blowing in the door.


Session 2


Same location, with the door closed.
Changing position in relation to the dog.


Session 3


Changing location.  Changing position.


Session 4



Session 5


Lily's poke is not as determined when I am seated,
so I begin 'asking' for two-fers.
Then I get the forceful nose touch that I am after.

NOTES:  I am glad that I modified my original alert behavior to the "forceful, persistent nose touch".  The initial "tug clothing" behavior is just about totally extinguished.  Only occasionally when asking for more than one touch to build force or persistence, does Lily take the clothing into her mouth.  For this reason, I will only be using two-fers when seated and only ask for two. The alert behavior continues to meet all of my initial criteria.  Keeping it simple (and effective) is making the explanation easy for Lily to understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your observations.