Friday, July 27, 2012

Working for Green Beans


Lily's trying to lose a few pounds, so we are mixing kibble and green beans.  She brought me the clicker (her way of asking to play the clicker game) and was happy to work for veggies.

I'm now getting up to 6 seconds of duration on the touch of the film canister at the end of the scent stick, whether placed against something, on something, under something or just out at the open.  High or low.  Left or right.

But where I discovered today that I can't get duration on the canister - in fact I can barely get a touch at all - is when I place the canister on my cheek or on my upper arm or the top of my head.

So this is where we will be working next.

We have taken Lily's alert behavior outside:  seated, standing, lying down, moving and turning.  Off leash and on.  Left side and right side.  She still is tending to swing out of good Side position when nudging on the right side, so that is an area that needs some more work.  If I wait for two-fers I get them and the second nudge is always more forceful and demanding ... just what I want.

Even though I have withdrawn Lily from Phase 1 of the Seizure Alert Project, I want to complete her training of the nudge alerting behavior of all other Phases, using other scents as target scents.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your observations.